Nordplus Adult education programme Collaboration project NPAD-2015/100092015
As the modern, constantly changeable labor market is open for international manpower movement, the demand of foreign language is huge, that‘s why it is necessary to get and to improve speaking vocational foreign language competencies for an adult learner.
Vocational foreign language teacher has not got enough competencies to determine the most actual and necessary topics of vocational subjects, which are oriented towards adult teaching. For that purpose, collaboration among vocational teachers would be the best way to determine, purify and present the most essential teaching material, which will help to develop vocational, speaking and communication skills and motivate an adult learner. It will help them to integrate and join the labor market easier.
This project is set up to raise the motivation of adult learners through innovative teaching material and modules. The main target group of the project is adult learners. The related target groups of the project are vocational training teachers, employees, social partners and local community.
This project is set up to raise the motivation of adult learners through innovative teaching material and modules. It will help them to integrate and join the labor market easier.
• To create attractive teaching content of vocational foreign language and promote the interest among less motivated adult learners
• To boost the cooperation among main related target groups in the sphere of involvement of employees of SME’s (Small and Medium Enterprises) into vocational training and re-training;
• To raise accessibility and attractiveness of various courses as well as self-study tools for adults and other vocational training participants.
The main activities of the project:
1. The research of the situation in vocational foreign language teaching and learning and further analysis;
2. The processing of the data and preparation of concluding material;
3. Vocational foreign language modules (teaching material) development;
4. Creation of project website where all the teaching material (modules) will be uploaded;
5. Testing of Vocational foreign language modules;
6. The final products/results: preparation and issuing of Vocational foreign language modules (digital and paper versions); project website; project diary; the material of the research.
Project period: September, 2015 – September, 2017
Allocation: 30 000 EUR
Project coordinator – Kedainiai Vocational Educational Centre (KVETC).
Project partners – The University of Latvia (LU), Education Innovation Transfer Centre (EITC), Parnu Adult Gymnasium (PTG), Ltd “Heiro” (LTDH)